Estate administration and probate
Many people contact King, Kitrick, Jackson, McWeeney & Wells, LLC, for advice on “how to avoid probate.” In fact, probate is an important component of the administration of nearly any estate, even when many assets will be transferred through trusts. When a Will exists, the probate process is an important phase of carrying out the directives of that will. When there is no will, New Jersey statutes provide direction for distribution of assets. Estates with no wills go through the probate process just as estates with wills do.
King, Kitrick, Jackson, McWeeney & Wells, LLC, is a valuable source of information and help for family members, executors and beneficiaries after a death. Our experienced Ocean County probate attorneys advise and assist executors or estate representatives regarding the fsettling of estates. With or without a will, probate is a normal process for the closing of most estates.
Probate and Estate Administration
The legal team at King, Kitrick, Jackson, McWeeney & Wells, LLC, guides clients through all aspects and phases of probate and related issues, including:
• Inventory of personal property
• Asset valuation
• Appraisals of real estate
• Inventory of retirement accounts, life insurance, jointly held property, personal property
• Notification of interested parties
• Distribution of assets in accordance with a will or under the laws of intestacy
• Preparation of tax returns: estate taxes, income taxes
• Interactions with the court system
• Interactions with beneficiaries
• Dealings with the state of New Jersey if there are charities involved
• Final accounting, bonds and releases
• Closing out of estates
• Administration of estates with or without named executors
• Insolvent or bankrupt estates
King, Kitrick, Jackson, McWeeney & Wells, LLC, offers a range of legal services pertaining to transfers of real estate and sale of real estate in connection with estate administration. Closings, purchase agreements and quiet title actions are among the services offered. Contact us by phone (732) 920-8383 or email to schedule a no-obligation consultation.